Los Angeles Police Protective League • Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Police Protective League is a public safety union whose mission is to vigilantly protect, promote and improve the working conditions, legal rights, compensation and benefits of the Los Angeles Police Officers. The Los Angeles Police Protective League has a proud and distinguished history representing over 9,900 dedicated and professional sworn members of the Los Angeles Police Department.
In this detail oriented role, we will rely on you to be heavily responsible for the processing and recording accounts payable and cash disbursement, with additional responsibility for cash receipts, and accounting tasks as assigned by the Controller.
- Process accounts payable, related vendor invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expense reports for payment, and recording them in appropriate journals and ledgers.
- Process incoming wire transfer advices, preparation of checks and cash receipts for deposit, and recording them in appropriate journals and ledgers.
- Assist in preparation of monthly reports as needed.
- Review and proof accounting or other reports for accuracy and conformance to departmental procedures.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and respond to member inquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
- File accounting and related documents.
- Basic understanding of full charge bookkeeping, Accounts Payable/cash disbursements, and Accounts Receivable/cash receipts.
- 5 years of full charge bookkeeping experience.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Accuracy with 10-key data entry.
- Excellent detail to attention.
- Good writing, including email and verbal communication skills, including ability to read technical subjects and communicate them the people without technical expertise. Knowledge English language, grammar, spelling, and composition.
- Good listening skills and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Good planning and organization skills with ability to set goals, prioritize, plan work, and use time efficiently. Works well independently with little direction and supervision.
- Team oriented with ability to balance team and individual responsibilities. Leads by example. Gives and welcomes feedback, and remains open to others’ ideas.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn, adapt to change, and try new things.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the organization. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the organization. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.